The PCB in partnership with
The KZN Trade & Digital Literacy Symposium
Which boasts an impressive line-up of exceptional presenters drawn from across the country.
Please don’t miss out!
Who should come?
Absolutely everyone that is in business!
• Gain a macro-economic and socio-political perspective of the global economy and be informed about issues surrounding global change, volatility and the future of the world.
• Hear the story of digital transformation: what it is, how to get there and how it is affecting your business.
Everyone that is currently exporting
• Hear about international dispute resolution, competition law and regional integration, with a focus on Africa.
All aspirant exporters
• Gain knowledge regarding the export process and learn about trade finance, global products used for trade, documents required for global payments, BOP categories and incoterms.
• Be informed about market risks, short term and long term, reasons for hedging, and possible hedging strategies available.
Please click here for the full programme.
Daniel Silke hails from Cape town. He holds a Masters degree in South African and International Politics from the University of Cape Town. He is an Independent Political Analyst, Author and Keynote Speaker specializing in South African and International politics. He is a renowned Futurist, lecturing widely on issues surrounding global change, volatility and the future of the world. He is regarded within South Africa as one of that country’s leading political commentators.
Ryan Hogarth, based in Johannesburg, is an author, radio show host, podcaster and avid researcher. He is an engaging presenter, presenting on how to decode the digital age. He explores the seismic shift technology has caused in the last decade, its impact on how we do business, how we interact with colleagues and customers and the evolutionary business models that have emerged. Ryan tells the story of Digital Transformation: what it is, how to get there and how it is affecting your business. He assists businesses to get on the road to Digital Transformation.
Michael-James Currie is a competition lawyer specialising in all aspects of competition law including cartel investigations, complaints regarding anti-competitive conduct and merger control. Michael-James advises clients both in relation to South Africa but also the broader region including the SADC jurisdictions as well as representing clients before the Kenya, Tanzania and COMESA competition agencies respectively. Michael-James regularly authors papers and articles for africanantitrust and also features as a contributor to the ‘Global Competition Review’, ‘Thompson Reuters Global Practitioner’s Guide’ and the ‘Concurrence Institute of Competition Law’. Michael-James is also part of the drafting team for the International Competition Network’s Advocacy Working Group and is a member of the American Bar Association’s team on the Section of Antitrust Law: Procedural Transparency Task Force”.
Business owner, Shân Cade of Shân Cade Training and Consulting, has over 40 years’ experience in Freight Forwarding. During her career in Freight Forwarding she gained experience in diverse functions within the industry as:
• Exporter & importer (products from light bulbs to tyre matrixes)
• Trader (All commodities between South Africa and Zambia)
• Agent shipping controller
• In-house operations development, implementation and management
• Manager of the in-house controller team
• Project management implementation
• Business analyst – Shipping Departments
• Trainer – exporters / importers / staff
Date : 22 March 2017
Venue : Hall 4, Royal Agricultural Showgrounds
Time : 09h00 – 16h00
Cost : R150 pp
Teas and Lunch will be Provided (please advise of any dietary requirements)