- This event has passed.
Managing Incapacity & Absenteeism
7th August 2018 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pmR635.52 – R736.40
TRAINER: Terry Taylor & Reuben Mohapi – Targeted HR Solutions
Date 7 August 2018
Time 08:30 – 12:30
Venue Chamber House, Royal Showgrounds
COST (includes vat)
Members R635-52 p/p, R605-27 p/p for 3/more, R554-83 p/p for 5/more
Non-members R736-40 p/p, R706-15 p/p for 3/more, R655-71 p/p for 5/more
How to manage Poor Performance and Incapacity
• Distinction between Poor Performance, Incapacity and Misconduct.
• The Process of managing Poor Performance.
• Exercises: Distinguishing between Poor Performance, Incapacity and Misconduct.
• Setting Standards and understanding expectations.
• Guidelines in Cases of Dismissal for Poor Work Performance.
• Conducting Poor Work Performance Hearing.
Incapacity due to Ill-health or Injury
• Managing Incapacity due of Ill-health and Injury – Legal Implications.
• Guidelines in Cases of Dismissal for Incapacity due to Ill-health or Injury.
How to manage Incapacity due to Alcohol or Drug abuse in the Workplace
• Company Policies vs tolerance levels of alcohol levels and drugs in the Workplace?
• Occupational Health and Safety Act implications on alcohol and drugs in the Workplace.
• Alcohol and Drug Abuse in the Workplace – Misconduct or Incapacity?
How to manage Absenteeism in the Workplace
• Meaning of Absenteeism.
• Employee obligations in the Workplace.
• Guidelines in managing absenteeism.
• Absenteeism due to ill-health – How to manage Sick Leave.
• Medical Certificate issues.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
HR Managers/Officers/Administrators. Anyone in Management/Supervisory positions responsible for managing staff. Business Owners in charge of managing staff.
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.