- This event has passed.
May 16 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pmR675 – R895
TRAINER: Christi Naudė – Centiment Development
Date 16 May 2019
Time 08:00 – 13:00
Venue Chamber House, Royal Showgrounds
COST (includes vat)
Members R675 p/p, R640 p/p for 3/more, R590 p/p for 5/more
Non-members R895 p/p, R875 p/p for 3/more, R850 p/p for 5/more
A short and sharp course to make the taking of notes and writing minutes at formal and informal meetings easier. The course material is accredited. Presented by an accredited facilitator.
In the spotlight:
• The roles and responsibilities before, during and after meetings of meeting participants.
• The implications of different types of meetings on the meeting secretary/minute taker.
• Notices and agendas.
• Organisational tips and hidden variables.
• Note-taking techniques and listening skills.
• Different types of minutes.
• What to include and what to ignore in the minutes
• Legal implications.
• How to write concise, clear, accurate and unbiased minutes.
• The distribution, corrections, filing and storing of minutes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone who takes or will take minutes at meetings of boards, committees or volunteer groups. Also recommended for people who chair meetings who want to obtain a deeper understanding of what minutes should reflect. Great feedback from beginner and experienced minute-takers and meeting secretaries at companies, schools and NGOs.
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Please note: The company will be liable for payment unless CANCELLATION is received in writing 24 hours prior to the event.