- This event has passed.
24th April 2018 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pmR635.52 – R736.40
TRAINER: Christi Naudė – Centiment Development
Date 24 April 2018
Time 08:30 – 13:00
Venue Chamber House, Royal Showgrounds
COST (includes vat)
Members R635-52 p/p, R605-27 p/p for 3/more, R554-83 p/p for 5/more
Non-members R736-40 p/p, R706-15 p/p for 3/more, R655-71 p/p for 5/more
A high content, practical and interactive course to make the taking of notes and writing minutes at formal and informal meetings easier. The course is at NQF Level Three.
In the spotlight:
1. The roles and responsibilities before, during and after meetings of meeting participants.
2. The implications of different types of meetings on the meeting secretary/minute taker.
3. Notices and agendas.
4. Organisational tips and hidden variables.
5. Note-taking techniques and listening skills.
6. Different types of minutes.
7. What to include and what to ignore in the minutes.
8. Legal implications.
9. How to write concise, clear, accurate and unbiased minutes.
10. The distribution, corrections, filing and storing of minutes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone who takes or will take minutes at meetings of boards, committees or volunteer groups. Also recommended for people who chair meetings who want to obtain a deeper understanding of what minutes should reflect. Great feedback from beginner and experienced minute-takers and meeting secretaries at companies, schools and NGOs.
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.